FishyBusinessAquatics.com: Livestock Guarantee
A Livestock Guarantee That Meets Your Needs!
Our Livestock Guarantee options lets you buy online with confidence. Most animals come with a standard Arrive Alive Guarantee.** For customers who want an extended livestock guarantee, you have the option at checkout to select a 7-Day, 14-Day or 21-Day livestock guaranty for all qualified animals in your cart. Our team members individually hand-select all aquarium livestock for shipping. We carefully evaluate each animal for size, best coloration, quality, and health on every single order.
We ship via UPS Next Day Air for delivery by 10:30 a.m. (12:00 Noon in rural areas). You will receive a tracking number by 6:00 PM PST the day your order is shipping.
**Certain animals, such as those that require expert care or are difficult to care for in an aquarium, do not qualify for extended livestock guarantees. In most cases, these animals are still covered by the Arrive Alive Guarantee. If an animal is NOT covered by the Arrive Alive Guarantee or an extended livestock guarantee, it is noted in on the website page of the animal.
Livestock Guarantee Details
- Livestock that is DOA will be refunded via the original payment method or provided as store credit at Fishy Business’ discretion. For livestock that dies after arrival and is covered under a purchased extended livestock guarantee, customers will be given a store credit.
- In order to submit a claim for DOA, damaged and/or incorrect livestock, and/or livestock warranties, you MUST use the form on the Contact page and select “Livestock Claim” or “DOA” under the drop-down box for Topic. Email, text, any form of social media and phone messages are not accepted. We greatly appreciate your help with this. NOTE: You must submit a claim for DOAs, damaged and/or incorrect livestock, via our contact page, within TWO HOURS following the delivery time, as provided by UPS.
- By not following proper acclimation procedures all warranties can be voided.
- Shipping costs, fees, additional costs are not covered by any guarantee and are not refunded.
- There are no livestock guarantees on purchases made using store credit or ReefTastic Reward points.
- There are no livestock guarantees on livestock that is free of charge/part of a promotional giveaway.
- Store credits expire after 12 months. Accounts and store credit can be refused and removed by FBA at its sole discretion. Store credit is not cash, can only be used for livestock purchases, and does not count towards reduced nor free shipping. Store credit cannot be combined with other offers. Store credits must be used in their entirety at the time they are entered or the remaining credit is forfeited.
- As we are sending live animals, customers must be available to receive the shipment on the first delivery attempt — even if the carrier delivers the package late. You will be provided with a tracking number on all shipments.
- If your order is delayed by the shipper, you are still required to be available to accept the shipment and acclimate all contents before contacting us. Delayed orders are handled on a case by case basis.
- If a delivery is refused or returned for any reason, the customer will be held liable for the full cost of the invoice and voids all guarantees and warranties with no recourse.
- Losses that occur due to weather-related delays, mechanical failures or other delays on the part of the shipping company are not covered by the Arrive Alive or up to 21-Day Livestock Guarantee. That being said, we do offer UPS Shipping Insurance for $8.99 on each order, which will cover shipping expenses and lost livestock. Please Note: We can only re-ship everything if this occurs, sorry for any inconvenience. All warranties are still good for the new livestock we re-ship. We carefully watch the weather and will contact individual customers if we are aware of potential weather issues in their area. Additionally, if you are aware of potential issues, please contact our Customer Service team by 8:00 AM EST and we will make arrangements to ship at a later date.
- The tank’s water chemistry must be within the following parameters: – Temperature – between 75°- 83° F and constant – Ammonia – 0.0 ppm – Nitrite – 0.0 ppm – Nitrate – 0.0-30 ppm – pH – 8.1-8.4 – Specific gravity – 1.020-1.026
- Claims due to the following are not covered: you can’t find the animal or get it out of the tank to provide a video, lack of a sand bed for a sand-burrowing fish, bullying, fighting, tank not of the recommended size, eaten or aggression; jumped from the tank; and torn bodies as a result of being sucked into pumps; other non-health related causes of death are not covered.
- Claims are not covered for livestock that has died as a result of negligence on the part of the customer. Each case will be treated on a case by case basis, since we only want the best experience for our customers, especially with hard situations like deceased livestock.
- We reserve the right to refuse the extended livestock guarantees in cases where numerous deaths occur, indicating an environmental issue with a customer’s tank.
- If a delivery is refused for any reason, you are liable for the full cost of the invoice, including shipping.
- We reserve the right to ask for additional video or water samples in certain cases.
- Each claim will be handled on a case by case basis.
How To Submit A Livestock Claim:
- ALL claims must be submitted via the contact page, please!
- Non-DOA Losses: Claims must be using the form on the Contact Page online with a 30-second video of the livestock out of the water and on a white background. Please do not call, text or email to submit a claim for livestock losses. Without this, the claim will be denied.
- DOA Losses: If you received livestock that is DOA, you must submit a claim within TWO HOUR after the package has been delivered; the time is provided to us by UPS. **Please take a 30-second video of the DOA livestock in the bag showing that the clip is still in place and then a second 30-second video of the livestock out of the water and on a white background.** Without this, the claim will be denied.
- Do NOT discard the animal(s) without consent from Fishy Business Aquatics as this will void any refund or store credit options. Freeze any deceased livestock until we clear it for disposal or return to us.
- Go to the contact page on FishyBusinessAqautics.com and submit a request for the loss of your livestock.
- Each item lost must be submitted individually on its own request, but a single video with multiple items may be reused.
- Once we have issued your store credit, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Claims processing can take 72 hours.
- Any claims that are fraudulent in nature are reported to the appropriate legal authorities.